Taking back the power of the sun, hybrid solar systems that double the output of today’s PV systemsIcarus rt
Today’s solar systems waste 80% of the sun’s energy. We take it back.
Solar panels remain remarkably inefficient, converting only about 21% of the solar energy they absorb into electricity.
Icarus RT’s award-winning proprietary technology breaks through the 21% efficiency limit, significantly increasing power output and lowering the overall cost per kilowatt.
This is a real game changer. Increasing the power output at a lower cost per kilowatt will change the ROI of solar PV, particularly for commercial and large utility-scale installations giving solar energy a higher value proposition than ever before!
Icarus RT Quartet System Tech
- converts PV only systems to hybrid, electricity, and hot water generation
- attaches to rear of existing or new solar panel installations
- PROPRIETARY COATING IMPROVES HEAT EXTRACTION
- cooling improves energy generation of pv panels
- ORGANIC FLUID DRIVES TURBINE GENERATOR FOR ADDITIONAL POWER
- WASTE HEAT STORED FOR GENERATION AFTER SUNSET
- TOTAL OUTPUT INCREASED
INCREASED TOTAL POWER OUTPUT
Improved PANEL PERFORMANCE
LOW-COST ADDITIONAL POWER
Longer PANEL LIFE
MORE POWER PER SQUARE FOOT
Dramatically change the ROI for solar:
- 56% Cost Reduction compared with PV systems with Li-Ion storage
- Reduce peak demand charges
- Retrofit opportunity for ground mounted / overhead installations
Lower cost, environmentally responsible alternative to Li-Ion battery storage
- Reduce number of panels required to install, and dispose of
- Promote faster growth in commercial and utility scale where storage is key
Increase solar deployment
Improve health of people and business
- Business expansion through savings
- Reduce industrial pollution
- Job development in energy market
- More renewables in the power mix
Increase quality of life
Cooler Solar Panels
Cooler solar panels mean more efficient panels, longer lasting panels. Depending on temperature conditions at the installed location, heat can reduce output efficiency by 10-25%.
Icarus stores extracted waste heat in a thermal battery while cooling the panels. This results in additional power. Traditional solar batteries consume power generated by the panels alone.
Reduced Demand Charges
Our commercial cost model for a 100kW project predicts an ROI of about 30% for a 3.2 year payback for the entire system! Commercial PV can cost approximately $1.80/watt. The additional power generated by the Icarus Boost can be delivered for about $1/watt.